Pages

Thursday 28 June 2012

Days in the Netherlands

          Great to be with the family in V M and the days, though cloudy, are quite warm but not exactly summer weather.
         We had a family outing to a wonderful fairy tale theme park called Efteling and the girls had great fun though I think they thought some of the very extra large giants a bit over the top.

Musical toadstools

Looking for the music







 Estelle liked Mr Long Neck best but they both wanted to know where the music came from when they saw one of the many toadstools/mushrooms seats.
The following pictures tell some of the story.
Mr Long Neck doesn't stay like that - after a moment or two, his long neck goes back to normal.
                                             
                                        The talking tree                              
We have also been to the (by me) much anticipated Floriade 2012 at Venlo and although, inspite of the showers of rain, it was a very pleasant day, it was not at all what I expected and it was hard not to be disappointed. The word Floriade was slightly misleading as it is really a World Horticultural Expo.

There were some glorious displays of meadow type flowers, some I had trouble identifying. Lots of blues and yellows and plants that self seeded.
There were a number of grasses mixed with the perennials and they added to the wild, natural theme.

Floriade 2012 at Venlo


Now that I am in the Netherlands the Google blog has got 'clever' and has turned all my 'prompts' into Dutch and so my apologies but I have had a lot of trouble with this addition!
Also I fly home, leaving from Amsterdam, next Tuesday afternoon and so I am going to make this the last one. It has not worked out as well as I had hoped, much the same as the journey itself I suppose and as I've had only a little feed back I am still not sure if I've entertained anyone beyond the immediate family.

To all my 'Family in England' (you know who you are!) Many, many thanks to you  for all the help, the wonderful generous hospitality, the fun and the laughter.
Some of you have expressed an interest in visiting us Down Under and I can assure you all of a great welcome if and when you do.

I WILL BE KEEPING IN TOUCH WITH ALL OF YOU ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment